I was hoping that I would be able to start my riding season around the same time as I did last year (mid-March 2010). I got about a week's worth of riding in when the weather decided to stop cooperating. This morning finds light snow on the ground and ice on the roads. Temps are supposed to dip below freezing, at night, and only be in the 30s during the day. That, and the fact that the NX has some sort of issue with running above 4K rpm, means the bike will remain in the garage until next week some time. Right now, it looks like Tuesday, March 29, will be conducive to riding.
Now, for that engine issue; it seems that I need to check several things. Fuel delivery; I've already cleaned the carburettor and air filter so I know that's not the issue. But, I need to ensure the fuel valve screen is clear and that the fuel lines are flowing at maximum capacity. Cam Timing; it seems that the cam shaft might be off proper timing and I'll need to double check that. So, this will require quite a bit of disassembly (side covers, seat, tank fairings, tank, rocker covers, cam gear cover, etc.). So, it looks like Saturday will be a busy day. Until the weather improves and I get the bike checked out, posting will be sparse.