Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rear Rack - Progress

I managed to complete the rack, drill holes for the Givi E200 base plate, sand it and give it a coat of silver paint.  I spent almost as much time grinding my welds down as I did welding the rack together in the first place.  After I was happy that the welds were presentable, I used a foam sanding block to rough up the surface of the steel tube (to provide some 'tooth' for the spray paint).  I believe the sanding block was 400 or 600 grit, nothing too aggressive.  For paint, I used Rustoleum 7515 High Performance Enamel Aluminum.  It happens to be a very close match for the silver color that Honda uses at the factory.



Here, the Givi base plate has been attached with M6 Allen Head bolts.  For vibration resistance, I used Nyloc nuts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment